Monday 5 August 2013

Argentina - just about ready to go

More or less ready for my two week trip to Argentina. I shall be travelling about 900 miles in a west and north-bound sweep from Buenos Aires, taking about 20 sessions in six different venues (Buenos Aires, Rosario, Rio Segundo, Cordoba, Catamarca and Tucuman).

My hosts and chauffeurs will be retired missionaries Trevor and Lucy Routley and this trip has come about because of invitations that Trevor has received from a number of quarters. The churches are a variety of evangelical churches, including one Brethren and one Pentecostal I think, who have become interested in Reformed doctrine in recent years, often via the internet.

I have been given some lovely subjects to speak on and others I was able to choose: What is an evangelical? What does Reformed mean?; justification and sanctification (two sessions on each at a day conference); perseverance and preservation; the missionary vision of the church (two sessions); Christ's authority over worship; and some sermons - which will probably be on Deuteronomy.

Leaving on Wednesday evening. Your prayers would be appreciated if you have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment